Monday 7 April 2014

I was born on a Monday

This morning on the train to work I was listening to the AFL favourite "Hunters and Collectors", more specifically a song that embodies the hope and passion of our beloved sport.  The lyrics at the end made me feel like there was hope, and that these past three games were just an aberration.

                         I followed orders.
                         God knows where I'd be.
                         But I woke up alone,
                         All my wounds were clean.
                         I'm still here.
                         I'm still a fool for the Holy Grail.

We're all still here.  We're all still fools for the great Brisbane Lions, and they're still fools for Premiership Glory.  They won't give up so easily, and nor should we.

Of course, then the rest of Monday happened.

First off, the Undertakers Wrestlemania Streak was ended by Brock Lesner, who IMO is the LEAST deserving person to end it.  It should have been the new creepster Bray Wyatt who did it if it was going to be done at all, and then the Deadman could hand over the mantle.  But no.

Secondly was Dan Rich and his ACL.  Like I said yesterday - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We really didn't need that, and neither did he.  But "Bam-Bam" is a tough little cookie, hopefully he'll come back bigger and better than ever.  Of course, we now have a gaping hole in the middle of our already woeful team, and things aren't looking very bright for the Lions.

And just to put the cherry on the cake, Mickey Rooney passed away.  RIP Mickey, you are and always will be an acting legend.

It wasn't all bad news, it looks like the Big Sauce Dan Merrett is only going to get two weeks for his stupidity on the weekend (personally I would have given him 3, but we all know how pissweak the MRP are) so we shouldn't be in that much pain for too long.  Still, I have no idea how our backline is going to function, given that thanks to our dopey midfield they're already under more pressure than the Titanic. But miracles do happen, so I'm not about to write my boys off just yet.

Plus although one of my snow pea plants was stunted, it still tasted pretty good!

Although I did listen to another song on the way home today by Tears for Fears...

                   There's a room where the light won't find you,
                   Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down....

No comments:

Post a Comment