Saturday 28 March 2015

Fixing Pokémon

Sorry about the delay between blogs, but first my electricity went for a few days, now my Internet is gone (thankfully Vodafone have one-off top-ups for their data, otherwise my phone bill would be through the roof.  An extra $20 beats an extra $500 any day!).

Anyway, those of you who follow me on Instagram will know that I'm currently going through Pokémon Silver again.  Overall, it and its remake are my favourite Pokémon games. For a start, it's the Generation that has my favourite starter (which evolves into my all-time favourite Pokémon) Chikorita, plus Silver is the version where you can get Vulpix, which is in my top 6 favourite Pokémon (along with Bayleef, Gyrados, Geodude, Pidgeot and Ampharos).



However, everyone is waiting for that ultimate Pokémon game that rounds everything up and is perfect in every way.  With the amount of processing power the New 3DS and the Wii U have, I reckon the time is ripe for this amazing game.  That being said, here is what I think would make the perfect Pokémon game:

1. Bring back the Pokémon that follows you

In fact, why can't we scrap PokéBalls altogether and just have them roam around with you? Yes, there will be times when you need to put the Pokémon away for a bit, but keeping them locked up 24/7 in there tiny little prisons just seems cruel.

2. Get rid of Self-Destruct and Expolsion

Anyone who uses these moves is a monster and is no friend of mine.  Disgusting moves.

3. Choose your starting region

And then have all the regions unlockable as you progress through the game.

4. Better Pokémon Amie mini-games

Seriously, Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby - MASSIVE FAIL.

5. No more versions!

Seriously, I don't want to have to buy two copies of the same game just so I can complete my PokéDex!


No comments:

Post a Comment